Careers & Futures
Students leave the sixth form extremely well prepared for the next steps in their education or careers.
Careers advice and work experience
Programmes are tailored to the industry and sector you may want to follow, and our support is exemplary led by our dedicated team of careers advisor and councillors, and regular 1-2-1 sessions with teachers. We are also delighted when former students return to share their success stories of triumphing and excelling in their chosen field.
- Inspirational speakers with online talks and conferences from specialists
- A Future Leaders programme in one of these specialisms: business, community, creative arts, sports or STEM
- Access to the Sutton Trust Programme
- An annual careers fair for Y12
- Personal financial management advice
- Subject led lectures
- Exploration of ‘green’ careers
- Personal statement: full support through your reference writer
- Apprenticeships are fully covered during tutorials, assemblies and careers meetings
Preparing for university life
Sixth Form tutors have been specially chosen to support you through the crucial university application process. You will have a personal mentor that will help with preparing your personal statement and making informed choices about university or alternatives. We also have a UCAS Coordinator who works with form tutors, and Sixth Form leaders to support students to access the full range of university information. The ASPIRE programme provides supplementary support, for students classed as ‘early applicants’ who have a very high GCSE APS (Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Sciences and for any course at Oxbridge).
Our support is multi-level and includes trips, visits, summer programmes, enrichment sessions, careers’ fairs and workshops. Here is a sample of what’s on offer:
- Oxbridge trips and workshops through the Aspire Programme
- Lecturers from UK universities and also access to the American University Programme
- Year 12 trip to UK Universities and Apprenticeships Fair
- Shadowing schemes at a range of universities, including St Mary’s, Queen Mary University of London, and Oxbridge
- London UCAS Convention
- Invitations to summer programmes – frequent promotion and opportunities in an array of fields/areas of interest
- Mock interview practice and interview techniques for early entry candidates e.g. students applying to Oxbridge or for Medicine, Veterinary Science or Dentistry
- Enrichment sessions include personal statement workshops
- Virtual university webinars and tutorials
- Entrance exam preparation bespoke support, e.g. BMAT, UCAT, etc.
- UniFrog tutor time with lessons on finding suited careers and learning about different university pathways.