Key information for Year 12 -2020/21
This page will be updated during the academic year with all the key information needed by parents/carers and students.
Key dates for Year 12 students during the summer term:
Monday 26th April - UCAS Information Evening
Monday 24th May - no school due to a re-arranged INSET day
Monday 31st May to Friday 4th June inclusive - half term holiday
Monday 14th June - Monday 21st June - Mock exams for Year 12
Wednesday 30th June - UCAS briefing with Mr Burns via Teams (3-3.25pm)
Wednesday 14th July - Last day of 6th form teaching & online Rewards' Assembly (3 - 3.30pm)
Please note current start date for 2021-22 academic year is Monday 6th September 2021.
School will re-open on Monday 8th March 2021 in line with government instructions and guidance. Please click here for re-opening arrangements and a letter outlining the key information for 6th form students.
Students should only attend on Monday 8th March at the designated time for their first coronavirus test.
Lessons will start for all students from Period 1 on Tuesday 9th March.
All Year 12 lessons will be delivered online through Microsoft Teams until at least March 8th 2021. All students will need to attend PM registration every day from 3 - 3.10pm
The date for the re-arranged Year 12 Parents' Evening is Thursday 28th January from 4.30 - 7.30pm. All appointments are being carried over to the new date. Parents can amend appointments from 8am on Thursday 21st January.
We apologise for the cancellation of last week's event. This was due to an issue with the company that provides the software. They have issued this statement to parents: “SchoolCloud provides parents’ evening software to over 5,000 schools, and experienced an outage on 14th January affecting the parents & teachers accessing video calls at that time. An update to the system in December caused a web page to perform slowly and this ultimately took the system offline. This wasn’t up to the high standard of service that schools expect of us, nor that we expect of ourselves. We have already made changes, and continue to take further steps to ensure that you can continue to enjoy this new format of parents’ evenings.”
Please click here for details of the Year 12 Parents' Evening on Thursday 14th January from 4.30 - 7.30pm. Appointments can be made from Monday 11th January at 8:00 AM. Please click here to book appointments.
Monday 11th January - Please click here for an update from the Head of 6th form.
Please click here for our 6th form newsletter for this term.
Year 12 A-level and vocational mock exams - 7th December to 11th December 2020. Please click here for a letter about these exams and here for the mock exam timetable. Please see below for key information about these exams:
- There will be no Year 12 A-level lessons or registrations next week.
- Students will be told by their teachers which BTEC/CTEC Year 12 and 12 lessons will be taking place.
- The Library and Silent Study Area (Flex Room) will be used for exams and cannot be used by students.
- Year 12 can use the mini-flex for silent study next week if they have both AM and PM exams.
- Year 12 should only come in for their exams/C/BTEC lessons if possible.
- Exams will start at 10am and 2pm. If you are late, you will not receive any extra time.
- Exams are being held in 3 venues - the Library, Silent Study Area and New Hall. Check the exam timetable and make sure you know where you should be. Some subjects are split across exam venues.
- You will be required to wear a face mask during the exams to protect yourself and others.
- We will try as much as possible to physically distance you in exam venues. Windows will be open for ventilation so make sure you wear something warm.
Year 12 Parent/Carer Information Evening (scheduled for Monday 14th September 2020)
Please click here for an introductory video from Mr Burns, Head of 6th form.
Please click here for a video from Ms Arias and Ms Dixon, PPMs for Year 12.
Please click here for the main presentation for Year 12 parents/carers.
Please click here for the presentation on UCAS/Careers.
Please click here for detailed guidance on arrangements for the 6th form during the coronavirus pandemic.
Please click here for the letter to parents/carers about the Year 12 Information Evening.