Claremont High School recognises its responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The CMAT Child Protection, Safeguarding & Safer Recruitment policy applies to the whole of the school's workforce, along with volunteers, governors and any contractors working on the school site.
The policy focuses on:
- Staff recruitment and selection - ensuring that all staff (volunteers etc.) have been appropriately checked for their suitability, using the Safer Recruitment procedures.
- Raising awareness of safeguarding issues and equipping children with the skills needed to keep them safe.
- Developing and implementing procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse.
- Supporting pupils who have been abused, in accordance with an agreed, child-centred plan.
- Establishing a safe and nurturing environment free from discrimination or bullying, where children can learn and develop happily.
We recognise that because of their day-to-day contact with children, school staff are ideally placed to observe the outward signs of abuse.
Staff in schools will therefore:
- Report any inappropriate behaviour / activities to designated staff.
- Establish and maintain an environment where children feel secure, are encouraged to talk and are listened to.
- Ensure that children know that they can approach any adult in school if they are worried and they will receive a consistent, supportive response.
- Provide, within the PSHE curriculum and Pastoral curriculum, opportunities for children to develop the skills they need to recognise, and stay safe, from abuse.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies, when there are concerns about a child’s welfare. We will ensure that our concerns are discussed with parents/carers first, unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child’s welfare.
Claremont High School's Designated Safeguarding Lead is Ms Danielle Conroy (Deputy Headteacher). Our Deputy DSLs are Mr Andrew Page (SENDCo and LAC Lead) and Ms Melinda Woolford (Acting Assistant Headteacher) and our Assistant DSL is Ms Nicolle Antwi (PPM). Our Safeguarding Governor is Ms Nita Advani.
If you have any concerns about a child at Claremont High School then please send an email to email@example.com or call the school on 020 82044442 and ask to speak to a member of the Safeguarding Team.
To read the CMAT Child Protection, Safeguarding & Safer Recruitment policy can be found in the Key Information Section of the Our School Section of the school website.
Photographs and Videos
Whilst lots of parents and carers enjoy seeing photos and videos of their children’s school life we are mindful of our duty of care to all pupils. We take the issue of safeguarding very seriously and this includes the use of photographic and video images.
Any photos or videos taken before any event, are for personal use only and must not be shared on social media sites. A reminder is given to parents and carers prior to any event in school (class assemblies, our Christmas play, Sports Day etc).
For any matters concerning safeguarding outside school hours or during the school holidays, please email our safeguarding team on: firstname.lastname@example.org