Welcome to our outstanding sixth form where you will thrive in a supportive, positive, friendly and vibrant atmosphere full of opportunities.
You will be encouraged and developed to your full potential within a tailored and individualised programme of academia and enrichment. We will enhance lifelong skills ensuring that you reach a high level of independence and freedom whilst developing strong relationships with highly skilled staff and peer friendships for life.
You will feel part of a community where lessons are enjoyable. You will receive personalised attention knowing that the wellbeing of the whole person is of paramount importance, and teachers go above and beyond. Our students are highly motivated and ambitious with career goals beyond university and apprenticeships. They aspire to be leaders in their respective fields, whatever career sphere they choose, including medicine, dentistry, finance, engineering, psychology, computing, education, history, sports science and many others.
Our teachers are not only passionate about the courses they deliver, but many are examiners and use this experience to inform their teaching; maximising student engagement and progress. Our promise is that we will support you to be resilient, adaptable and confident with highly transferrable knowledge and skills that will be with you for life.
So why join us?
- Over 20 L3 courses with 9 hours of teaching per course every two weeks across an array of disciplines. Students with high GCSE APS are eligible to study four A-levels (as per entry criteria, listed here)
- Small teaching groups offering a personalised approach: each student receives specific attention and focus, promoting supported progress
- Highly skilled specialist teachers and support staff, many of which are also examiners/lead examiners in their field
- Very successful EPQ programme is run in Year 12, with a dedicated EPQ Coordinator: many Year 12 students are currently completing an EPQ in an area of interest
- Exceptional enrichment and extra-curricular opportunities: through the enrichment programme and opportunities advertised and promoted directly to students via subject teachers and the Sixth Form Team (tutorial, assembly, etc.)
- Amazing campus and brand-new facilities: The Sixth Form Centre is exclusively for Sixth Form Students including: Silent Study Area, Group study area, Social/Relaxation area, Café/eating area. Sixth Form students can also access and use other spaces (library, canteen, etc).
It all starts here – at Claremont Sixth, we fully support you to develop your vision, your future; envisage what is possible and achieve.
Dr Y Nicolaou, Acting Assistant Headteacher - Sixth Form
At Claremont Sixth Form you are never alone in an overwhelming 2-year period of your life.
Hannah, Year 13 student