Why Join Us?
- Excellent GCSE and A Level results which remain significantly above national averages in all headline measures year on year.
- Graded Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ at our last two inspections (2010 and 2015).
- State-of-the-art facilities including specialist teaching rooms with smart TVs and laptops, a fully resourced theatre, a two-storey art, technology and science wing, custom-built library, 17 science labs, music suite and recording studio, computer suite and a purpose built room and cafeteria.
- Exceptional indoor sports facilities including gymnasium and sports hall with badminton, volleyball, basketball and netball courts, indoor cricket nets and five-a-side football. A new state of the art Gym, including a range of high tech equipment for use by staff and sixth form students.
- Enviable external campus with two 3G floodlit, synthetic all-weather pitches, 6 basketball posts, outdoor table tennis tables, and outdoor cricket nets.
- A vibrant extra-curricular range of clubs including music, football, drama, trampolining, netball, cricket, rugby, skiing, reading, outdoor pursuits, arts, debating, rounders, basketball, tennis, chess, dance, homework club, film club and computing.
- Field trips and outdoor pursuits to Snowdonia, the Peak District, the Lake District and Scotland as well as skiing in the French Alps and surfing in Cornwall.
- Educational visits both in the UK and Europe including theatres, museums and centres of historical or scientific importance such as the Vatican City in Rome, Auschwitz in Poland, Flanders Field in Belgium, and the Large Hadron Collider in Cern, Geneva.
- The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme starting in Year 9.
- Student leadership in the guise of a wide range of college prefect roles.
- Whole school productions each year for the upper and lower school.
- An extensive programme of instrumental music lessons, ensembles, concerts and productions. Students can learn piano, strings, woodwind, brass, singing, guitar and drums with specialist teachers. Brent Music Service are also based at the academy.
- Students can represent the academy, the borough or county in various sporting disciplines. In recent years our cricket, football, basketball, athletics and badminton teams have all been victorious in Brent Cup competitions, with the cricket and badminton teams also winning Middlesex Cup competitions.
Specialist support and pastoral care
- A bespoke Year 7 induction programme ensuring a smooth transition from students’ much-loved primary schools.
- A well-established vertical college house system: Emerald, Gold, Sapphire and Scarlet, supporting transition across the key stages and promoting relationship building, collaboration, mutual respect, courtesy and healthy competition.
An aspirational sixth form
- A high performing, successful Sixth Form with its own campus and brand-new facilities. Find out more here.